Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes

Recently my friend and fellow Beatles fan and I (who could be considered a Beatlemaniac -- at least in my teen-age years I certainly qualified! I may have moved on and expanded my musical horizons somewhat since then, but I continue to return to be re-inspired and newly amazed by the Fab Four and their music!) offered a cool evening of mostly early Beatles music. We sang a long to many of their earliest hits. We danced like teenagers to their music. Anyone remember the Monkey??!! That was a big dance back in the mid sixties and we revived it on our return to Beatlemania on June 8, 2012.

   We enjoyed  recorded music -- singing and dancing to the actual music of the Beatles. And thanks to a new friend who showed up with his guitar, we also got to sing some of their (the Beatles) incredible songs in our own unique style!

   Now, having had a chance to re-indulge my love of the early, simple days of "She Loves You" "I Want to Hold Your Hand" "Love Me Do"...... I find myself craving the imaginative, sometimes relaxing, sometimes wild and bizarre, always colourful music of their psychedelic phase. In fact, in a recent Shamanic Healing Circle I was in, I had asked for healing for my eyes. If you have read past posts of My Other Blog: Chakra Dancer, you will know that I have had many challenges with my eyesight, including losing my sight for a period of several months a few years back. Out of that time came incredible, imaginative, colourful Artwork and some really unique beings (which you can also see in past posts in My Other Blog: Chakra Dancer ). Several eye surgeries have left me with what I had previously thought of as distortions in my sight -- double vision where images float around each other. One thing that is sharper than it has ever been is my perception of colours. Colours are bright and vivid and alive. My visual field is drastically reduced so I can only take in a limited, but oh so concentrated, view of what is in front of me.  In the Shamanic Healing Circle, The Girl With Kaleidoscope  Eyes, (from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds) the words and the image, kept coming to me. Finally I saw myself as that Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes. And I got the message -- all of this incredible visual journey I've been on has been to help me see the world through my New Kaleidoscope Eyes. It is a world that is beautiful and colourful and constantly shifting, images come and go, they float apart and come together, they move in and around each other.

   If you want to treat yourself to another visual reality, check out this great video of Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

   I think it is especially important these days to spend at least some time looking at the world through Kaleidoscope Eyes or through the power of Imagination. That's the gift that the Beatles psychedelic music has given us. Just listening to the music and listening to the vocals, can take us on a magical flight of fantasy through our imaginations. And our imaginations can open the door to previously untapped possibilities.    


Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
Albert Einstein
Read more athttp://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein_4.html#7yH5tPorEXHYy5c8.99
 


Albert Einstein also said, "Imagination is More Important Than Knowledge".


Thank you Beatles, for helping to open the Door to Imagination, through your amazing music.


Here is to the healing power of music,


                               Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment